What are Chakras?
"Chakras (Sanskrit: चक्र, IAST: cakra, Pali: cakka, lit. wheel, circle) are various focal points in the subtle body used in a variety of ancient meditation practices, collectively denominated as Tantra, or the esoteric or inner traditions of Indian religion, Chinese Taoism, Tibetan Buddhism, as well as Japanese Esoteric Buddhism, and in postmodernity, in new age medicine, and originally psychologically adopted to the western mind through the assistance of Carl G. Jung." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra)
There are 7 major Chakra focal energy points descending from the top of our head down through the base of our spine. Here are the Chakras and colors associated with each in order from the head down: Crown (purple), Third Eye (navy blue), Throat (turquoise), Heart (Green), Solar Plexus (yellow), Sacral (orange) and Root (red). Below is a picture showing these 7 Chakras, associated colors and the Sanskrit word / symbol for each:
Why are Chakras important?
As energy centers of our body, Chakras have been found through thousands of years of spiritual awareness to connect to certain organs, glands and body systems. Environmental toxins, the food we eat, injuries and even negative thoughts can potentially cause blockage in our physical or spiritual subtle body Chakras which may result in dis-ease.
Working with the flow of subtle energy or lack thereof through Chakras, healers can identify areas of discomfort in our psyche or physical body that they may treat through hands-on energy movement or for which they may suggest a course of action (for example, through aromatherapy) to re-align the Chakra energy in our body. According to the Naughty Naturopath Mum, "Having all your Chakras aligned and in balance results in a dynamic, peaceful and abundant life." (https://naughtynaturopathmum.com.au/blogs/looking-after-you/what-are-chakras-and-why-are-they-important)
What are some ways we can balance our Chakras?
In addition to seeing a healer, there are other practical ways in which we can nourish our subtle body energy.
- Conscious eating - organic, vegan, food we prepare ourselves, reduce or avoid gluten and dairy products, pray over our food, appreciate taste, be grateful for the nourishment
- Positive thinking - read positive self-help books, listen to podcasts
- Increase vibration - play energizing or relaxing music, attend church or chanting sessions, meditate, practice yoga
- Stimulate senses - burn incense, take an aromatherapy bath, use essential oils, surround ourselves with what we consider beautiful to the eye and touch
- Wear Chakra items or colors - organic clothing, jewelry, touch and consciously be aware of the benefits of the item or color while imagining energy flowing through the Chakra point
Here is an image with placement to imagine your body Chakras and emotion qualities for each :
What are some items in our store to help with Chakra Balance?
CHAKRA PENDULUM KEYCHAIN OR NECKLACE
CHAKRA ESSENTIAL OIL LAVA ROCK BRACELET
AROMATHERAPY LOTUS DIFFUSER NECKLACE
AROMATHERAPY ESSENTIAL OILS SET OF 6
Want to learn more about Essential Oils? Read our article HERE.